Tuesday, May 15, 2012

3 QUESTIONS WITH.... Israel Chavarin


Q: How are things going for you/your band this year in SF?
A: Things are going as great as I could hope for in my little music world as I play bass and promote shows under Roundmusic Presents:

The Frail, we have new managment wer're really excited to be working with, Britney Tillman and/with YBR Promotions. We're also trying to finish an album produced by Partick Brown (owner of Different Fur Studio) and its being recorded at Different Fur as well. Hopefully the album will be done by June, 12 songs, yay! Our guitartist at the moment has his indie rock band Sporting Life which I'm filling in for on bass.

Sporting Life, has a sold out show at the Independent with Clap Your Hands Say Yeah May 22nd, June 8th at GAMH and June 29 with Dramarama at the Red Devil Lounge.

Roundmusic Presents:, trying to put on shows is funny to me. Either things work super easy and I can get quick confirmations from bands or it can be a total nightmare where I'm one band away from solidifying a night. At the moment I have Tornado Rider, Battlehooch, Kill Moi, Sporting Life and dj Whats His Fuck at Great American Music on june 8th and Loquat, Young Digerati, Foxtail Somersault, Chelsea TK and the Tzigne Society and dj Galine MoDamoiselle at Slims on July 28th.

Q: Which 3 local bands that have faded away would you most like to see come back?
A: Bands that have faded that I miss are Maldroid who arent playing indefinitely, Persephonee's Bees who moved to NY and Rykarda Parasol who moved to Paris.

Q: If you had to recommend three current local bands for fans to check, what would they be?
A: Three local bands I would suggest are Young Digerati, Mister Loveless and The Bruises.

No comments:

Post a Comment